Wednesday 9 November 2016

Shift work.

My husband works shifts, so as a result my own daily routine adjusts according to his schedule. For example this week he is on late shift, so I begin working when he goes to work, I actually quite enjoy this as it means every other week has a different feel to it, especially now the darkness of winter is looming. I will work, make things and write until the small hours, then start to cook so we can eat when he gets home, a bit of t.v to unwind before bed at some point during the early hours. We obviously do not get up early during late weeks, sometimes seen as lazy by some who have never had the pleasure of shift work! A certain number of hours sleep is vital, whenever they may fall, we are still working while these folks are snoring away in their beds. Lucky to be a natural night owl I guess...different story during his early shift weeks though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment